Saturday, October 15, 2011

Honey for Thanksgiving!


Honey at the Shelter
We adopted "Honey" 7 years ago from TLAC on Thanksgiving day.  She's a pitbull/lab mix and has been the light of our lives ever since! She was in need of socializing and is still sometimes shy around men (who knows what happened to her before we got to her) but she has been the best dog we've ever owned.  She is sweet, affectionate, loves her daily walks and rawhide chews.  She's gentle around children and lets our kids climb all over her.  We moved up north to snow country for a few years and she even let them hook her to their sled to pull them! 
Honey in the SNOW!

She has shown us that pitbulls are such an awesome and misunderstood breed and that shelter animals really are the best.  We're so grateful she came into our lives and we can't imagine being without her!

Beautiful Honey!

Aaron & Kelly

2 comments:

  1. great testimony about a misunderstood breed. I so agree with you...... and shelter dogs are the best dogs I have ever had - I have my third one and he is awesome! Makes me so sad to see so many of them at the pound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That day my husband insisted on looking at every single puppy at the shelter but when I saw her, I just knew. I opened the kennel, she sat on my lap, let out a big sigh, and that was it!!

    ReplyDelete