Wednesday, September 7, 2011

From Austin to ALASKA!

When I adopted my 5 year old female long-haired chihuahua , she
was sore and groggy from her operation just that very morning. She was tired and
scared (she doesn't mix with other dogs well), she had an eye infection
going and to top it all off, her name at that time was "Princess".

In short, she was having a miserable time.

When my friend (who had picked her up for me) gave her to me,


she lay in my lap and I didn't expect her to even want to move, but she did:
she lifted her head to look at me, and then her tail gave a few wags!

I think we both knew right then that Fuzzy (yeah, SOMETHING had to be
done about her name!) was home.

Over the following days I used the eyedrops the rescue had
given me to clear up Fuzzy's infection (it is a lot of fun trying to get
drops into a squirmy little chihuahua's eye!), fixed her name problem, and
made sure she got plenty of healing rest curled up next to me on the
couch. She has been with me for nearly a year now here in Fairbanks,
Alaska (where her long, thick coat comes in handy!) and goes everywhere
with me....
John C
Fairbanks AK

No comments:

Post a Comment