Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Very Rewarding TLAC Volunteer Moment - Jerry Garcia is adopted!!

For those that don’t know Jerry Garcia, he is over 8 years old and is a handsome pit bull mix with a great disposition. He’d been at TLAC for a little over a month.


I was at TLAC Thursday evening and a customer was walking Jerry Garcia back to his kennel. I greeted the customer and Jerry Garcia. I told the customer that Jerry was one of my favorite dogs and described some of his wonderful traits. The customer indicated he was looking for a male pit bull that he could take to his office to keep him company.

I told him that I thought Jerry was an excellent fit and that Jerry also liked to plan fetch – he said great!


I knew he was interested in Jerry and had hope for Jerry getting his forever home. A while later, I was with another dog in pen #3 on the street side. A van approached leaving TLAC it was the customer interested in Jerry. He stopped and said, “I have Jerry” – he adopted Jerry!  The next thing I saw was Jerry popping his head out of the passenger side window with a huge happy pit bull smile. I was so excited for Jerry. I will miss seeing Jerry at TLAC but I’m very happy the he has found his forever home.

This is one of the many rewards we receive for all our efforts at TLAC.

Great job volunteers!

No comments:

Post a Comment