Thursday, August 25, 2011

Purebred "Munchkin" Cat finds love!

My first adoption from TLAC was in 2011, which is amazing since I have worked as a tech since 2008. I adopted a male munchkin, until then I did not believe in the "myth", I had always heard of this breed, but had never seen one. Until one day, while doing a health check on all the cats in the stray cat building, I looked up and saw a kitty bunched up in the back of his box and thought that he looked sad. So I put on a pair of gloves and reached in to pet it, and to my surprise he had the tiniest legs I had ever seen on a full grown cat. Even though he had been at the shelter past his stray time, no one had placed any interest in him. 


I had a firm " no more animal's rule"  in place, but decided then and there that I wanted that kitty. It just so happens that my husband had ridden into Austin together that day, and when he picked me up at work that afternoon I took him to meet the "Bitty Kitty" as he is now affectionately called, and the rest is history. 


Whenever he is introduced to new people I am always asked " Where did you get such a strange kitty?", and I proudly say at TLAC. It helps get the message across that we do get full bred cats and dogs and they do make it up for adoption at the shelter.



1 comment:

  1. I love this story so much! I got my sweet Samson (formally know as Sebastian at TLAC) from the shelter in February of 2008 when I was a volunteer there. Sam is a bit like Bitty Kitty- he was born without ulnas in his front arms leaving one arm fused and one double jointed. I never thought I'd find such a perfect cat.. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete