Monday, August 15, 2011

Sasha finds an angel





The Way Home
By Joyce Martin
December 2007

I saw you through the chain link fence so sad and all alone
I wondered if you’d come to me as I offered you a bone

You slowly backed away from me not sure of what to do
And then you found the strength and courage that I had seen in you

I took you from the kennel even though you were afraid
Trusting me that I was there to make sure that you were saved

We walked a bit to see if you could keep up with my pace
But not so sure you would by the worried look on your face

We found a quiet place to sit away from the barking and noise
At first you would not look at me but then you heard my voice

You sat there so quietly as I stroked your matted fur
I think you saw the kindness in me even though you were not sure

I took you home with me and gave you your first bath
You ran and shook and were so silly you made me smile then laugh

I knew there was a happy dog underneath the mats and dirt
And all it took was words and kindness for you to become alert

So now you have a safe place to rest until you find a home
And soon the right family will come along to call you their very own

The tears will come softly as I see you walk away
But in my heart I know that you are safely on your way

Be happy my sweet foster dog your dreams have finally come true
It’s time for me to go again to save another like you



No comments:

Post a Comment