Sunday, August 28, 2011

The rewards of taking a risk!

Becoming a foster is one of the best and most rewarding experiences I have ever had. Being a busy college student, I wasn't sure if I'd have the time or money to help out in the foster program--but I'm glad I took the time to do it anyways! My first foster kitties were girls found at Threadgills. Since I love Threadgills, I figured it was meant to be, and I decided to take two. Bringing them home was nerve-wracking--They were a little bit sneezy and very scared, and my Siamese rescue Miso is finicky and I wasn't sure how he was going to react. As the girls grew and became healthier, Miso started to let them cuddle with him, and play.

 All three became fast friends, and watching the girls grow and come out of their shells was so amazing. I decided to name them Yoshi and Zelda, after my love of video games. I found an adopter quickly, and after one short month, they were in their new home. Saying goodbye was so hard, but so heartwarming. The family that took them was so nice, and I know they are in good hands. In short, I can't wait to foster my next kitties when the time comes. Saving a life by fostering or adopting is one of those things that you'll never regret. I encourage anyone who is interested to contact TLAC and get started!"

Kittens Before:


Kittens After:


"Today I am fortunate to have woken up, I am alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it."-Dalai Lama

Lane Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment